WEAVER'S WORLD / NORTH EAST / PLACES TO VISIT -4
• The hills of Unakoti in Tripura are a prime attraction of the city in North Tripura. Rock carvings, stone images of Lord Shiva, Ganesha, Ma Durga on a lion and Nandi the Bull are large and attractive. The Ashokastami Mela held in April every year is a big draw for thousands of pilgrims.
• The Jampui Hills with bracing climate, scenic landscapes, lush orchards make it a must-see destination. The locals are known to be cultured and hospitable and make your stay worth the while and send you back carrying sweet memories.
• Imphal, the capital of Manipur, is a scenic city. It is located at the center of the beautiful Manipur valley, surrounded by plains and hills. Dense forests, sprawling grasslands make the place a heaven on earth. Places within Imphal to visit are: Loktak Lake, the largest freshwater lake in North-East India, Keibul Lamjao the only floating national park in the world that floats over it. It is located near Moirang. This ancient lake plays an important role in the economy of Manipur. It serves as a source of water for hydropower generation, irrigation and drinking water supply. Other visit worthy spots in Imphal are Red Hill Lokpaching, Kangla Fort, Sirohi National Park, Manipur State Museum, Sekta Archaelogical Living Museum, Manipur Zoological Gardens, Keibul Lam Jao National Park, Jama Masjid, Shree Govindajee Temple, Khonghampat Orchidarium, Matai Garden
• Ukhrul, a picturesque city is a visual delight. The beauty of nature offers more than just visual delight. You will be mesmerized by the beautiful valleys, hills, waterfalls and streams. Considered a holy land thanks to the many temples located here, Bishnupur, is one of the most frequented cities in Manipur for both its natural beauty and places of worship.
• Thoubal is yet another picturesque destination in Manipur. Situated amidst hills, the place is perfect for trekking and hiking. Lush greenery, beautiful rivers and lakes make the place a perfect destination for outdoor activities.
• Chandel is the gateway to Myanmar. The geographical significance, however, does not end there. The land is rich in flora and fauna being home to a wide range of species. Rare species of animals and plants are found here that attract tourists in great numbers.
• Senapati is one of the places in Manipur that preserves its natural beauty with some of its parts still unexplored. It seems the land is specially favored by nature. Hills, streams, gorges and rivers, you name it, the land has it. With 80% of the land covered by dense forests, you can naturally expect it to possess a wide range of plants and animals.
• Very much like Chandel, Tamenglong, popularly referred to as the ‘Land of Hornbill’ is rich in flora and fauna. Unexplored forests, rare species of plants, animals and birds, the land is sure to captivate your soul. With lakes, rivers and waterfalls, Tamenglong makes a perfect dream spot.
• Like every part of Manipur, Churachandpur abounds in natural beauty. Located amidst hillocks and valleys, the place is a scenic delight. It is also the second largest town in the state. The land boasts of unity in rich cultural diversity. Boat riding facilities are available at Tipaimukh.
You can use this element to add a quote, content...