WEAVER'S WORLD / NORTH EAST / PLACES TO VISIT -3
• Majuli is a large river island nested in the mighty and holy Brahmaputra. A paradise for birds and one of the best places in Assam for bird watching.
• Haflong the only hill station of Assam, is 300 Km from Guwahati, the old capital. being les crowded it is a popular destination for a quiet holiday. Some old British buildings, plenty of natural sights with orchards and streams, Haflong is a good place to enjoy. One can explore the attractions of Maibong or the mysterious Jatinga where birds from different parts of the globe gather to commit suicide.
• Dawki town is in Jaintia hills and is a road border crossing between India and Bangla Desh. the free flowing Dawki or Umngot river in shilling, offers a beautiful view of the city and is a venue of annual boat races in March. There is a Dawki suspension bridge across the river that was built by the British.
• Shillong the capital is a neat and well maintained place that offers many sights for the sightseers. There are dwellings and places to rent located on edges of mountains and lakes that make the prospect all the more exciting. For sightseeing in Shillong, Ward’s Lake, Shillong Peak, Elephant Falls, Laitlum Canyons, Lady Hydari Park, shillong golf course, Don Bosco Centre for Indigenous Cultures are a few ideal spots. If you are ready to travel for a few kilometres more you can visit Nokrek National Park.
• Walking amidst the clouds in peak summer, experience the wettest place on earth, Cherapunji. 58 Km from Shillong, this may not be the ideal place for a holiday but provides a lifetime experience. Photo shoots are a must here for the extraordinary sights of nature. You have the tallest plunge waterfall in India, Nohkalikai Falls, Seven Sisters’ falls, Dainthlen Waterfalls, Mawsmai Falls. Sights to explore are David Scott Memorial, Eco Park and Khasi Monoliths, Krem Phyllut Cave or Krem Mawmluh Cave.
• Phawngpui, the highest peak of Mizoram, also known as the Blue Mountain is a sight to behold. With lot of trees and flowers it offers many a spectacular sight.
• Long stretches of vineyards, green hills and being close to the Indo Myanmar border, it gives a special feeling of excitement to be in Champhai. Heritage, greenery and romance. Lianchhiari Lunglentlang, Fiara Tui, Mura Puk, Rih Dïl and Thasiama Seno Neihna are the major attractions in and around Champhai
You can use this element to add a quote, content...