WEAVER'S WORLD / NORTH EAST / PLACES TO VISIT -2
• The Mon district of Nagaland provides a firsthand view of traditional villages and tattooed warriors, the Konyak Nagas. Visitors can indulge in fishing, wood carving, seeing scull exhibits, Second World War remains and bird watching, besides walk and admire the lush green nature everywhere.
• Mokokchung is six hours away from Kohima the capital of Nagaland. It is a pleasant place to visit especially in the first week of May and the Moatsu Festival is celebrated for three days.
• The Dzouku Valley, is a picturesque place with a lot of natural beauty and is also known as the Valley of Flowers. One of the best times to visit this place is in June-July.Trekkers love this place for the climbs and caves.
• Pfutsero one of the coldest places in Nagaland, is known for its natural beauty and bio-diversity. There are no places to stay only for visiting and one needs to make it from Kohima, the capital. Arunachal Pradesh
• Menchukha or Mechuka, is where one can see the tribal folk of the Memba tribe. This place is known for its natural beauty, hills and snow capped mountains. You can also see many tribal folk of different tribes in their natural costumes. The river Siyom flows nearby and a 400 year old Buddhist monastery is atop the hill.
• Tawang, land of the Monpas has quaint Buddhist monasteries, sparkling lakes, waterfalls to unravel nature’s beauty. There is the Sella Pass, the Lake Tawang and the lofty mountains that would get you to fall in love with the place. You can go trekking with the Gorichen Trek, explore Jaswant Garh, Pankang Teng Tso Lake, Urgyelling Monastery, Sangeshar Lake for honeymooners and some other sights here.
• Ziro is a hill station and rural destination, full of fields and greenery and pleasant weather to take in the sights. Bomdila at 8000 ft. is another such location that is enjoyed by those holidaying and honeymooning.
You can use this element to add a quote, content...