WEAVER'S WORLD / NORTH EAST / PLACES TO VISIT -1
• The Kyongnosla Alpine Sanctuary is a wildlife sanctuary, rich in flora and fauna along with rare and endangered ground orchids and red panda. The Lake Tsongmo, a most beautiful and frozen lake, the famous Nathu La pass are located near the Kyongnosla, about 30 km east of Gangtok.
• For a summer break Pelling is an unsullied, sparsely visited destination of delight. 10 Km from Gyalshing, the district headquarters, it gives the visitor a lifetime thrilling experience of a view of Kanchenjunga at dawn when nature unfolds with the breaking of a new dawn and slowly allows the sun to come up and shed its golden light across the valley. Inspite of Nature repeating its routine every day, it still makes the viewer gasp every time he watches the scene before him.
• The famous Pemayangste Monastery is just a kilometre away from Pelling where you can reach by trekking. There are short treks which can be joined for a rejuvenating nature walk passing through a serene environment and scenic backdrop. And to top it, it does not go beyond 25 deg.C anytime during summer.
• A lovely sight is the Tsomgo lake, at an altitude of 3780 m and is around 35 plus km from Gangtok, capital of Sikkim. against a backdrop of the mighty Himalayas. Summertime the bloom of the rhododendrons, primulas, blue and yellow poppy flowers, just after the frozen ice thaw in June, the air being light and bright, there would be red panda and several species of birds that would inhabit the surroundings for quite some period. You could also sight the exclusive brahminy duck.
• Gangtok at 5,500 ft possesses unmatched beauty. A popular honeymoon destination it offers natural scenery, modern amenities, good hotels and a variety of restaurants. Gangtok provides a perfect ambience and set up for those desirous of secluded places of quiet and calm. There are plenty of places that one can visit along with several adventure activities that can be indulged in together. Ridge Park, Hanuman Tok, Ganest Tok are major sightseeing attractions, that provide trekking and rock climbing to keep honeymoon couples entertained. The cable car ride is a must and a visit to Tashi View Point should by no means be missed.
• The breathtaking view of the Khangchendzonga from Pelling is unbeatable, whereas the Khangchendzonga Festival sets the mood for some adventure. Flower exhibition, ethnic food and costume stalls can be seen in this festival. Rafting on River Rangit, Kayaking, Mountain Biking and Bird Watching can be enjoyed thoroughly in Pelling. The Pemyangtse Monastery, Khecheopalri Lake, Changey Waterfalls, Khangchendzonga National Park and Singshor Bridge are some of the major attractions here.
• Ravangla at 7000 ft. provides an unmatched view of the Himalayas. The ambience and spectacular landscape as well as the sunrise view from the place is an unforgettable experience. Kewzing a small suburb within Ravangla provides visiting destinations like Borong Hotspring, Ralang Monastaries, Temi Tea Garden.
• Lachung is another delightful honeymoon destination that provides picturesque sights of snow capped mountains, a flowing river, cascading waterfalls and apple orchards and a beautiful place to visit – the Yumthang Valley.
You can use this element to add a quote, content...