WEAVER'S WORLD / RAJKOT / PLACES TO VISIT -2
• Rajkot abounds in libraries. You have the Rotary Midtown Library, the Lang Library, the G.T. Sheth Library and other public libraries that indicate the reading culture abounding in the city.
• The Aji Dam site close by is a popular picnic spot for visitors.
• Trimandir, a Non-Sectarian temple located on Rajkot-Ahmedabad Highway has a good atmosphere, quite peaceful while the surrounding area is flush with greenery and the garden has a fountain.
• Religious places include Gebanshah Pir Dargah, Hasanshah Pir Dargah, Turkibapu’s Dargah, Ramakrishna Ashram, Shri Ranchhoddas Ashram, Swaminarayan Temple
• Other places of interest within Rajkot include Swaminarayan Gurukul, Masonic Hall, Jam Tower, Race Course. Shopping can be done for jewellery especially large chains, pendants and other heavy stuff since the purity of gold is very high here.
• Rajkot is known for its performing arts venues spread across the city. Dayro the native music genre is very much prevalent as a form of entertainment. Hemu Gadhvi Natyagraha is rich in cultural history and a non-profit centre for stage shows. There are very many orchestras that regularly perform the local flavor music as well as Bollywood routines.
• Festivals round the year are celebrated as in other parts of India, but Navratri, Janmashtmi and Diwali, Uttarayan (kite festival) take a special tone with the enthusiasm and fervour of the Rajkot people.
You can use this element to add a quote, content...