EMBROIDERIES OF INDIA / PHULKARI WORK / TRIVIA
• The silk thread that was traditionally used in Phulkari work was straighter than an uncoiled steel wire.
• A heavy phulkari work dupatta can cost almost as much as a banarasi silk saree.
• Phulkari embroidery makes use of the least complicated patterns to create extremely intriguing designs.
• Originally Phulkari was done as a pastime by women of Punjab. Today it is loved by the fashion industry.
• Bollywood actor Priyanka Chopra adorned a Phulkari Churidar Kameez in the movie ‘Teri Meri Kahani’
• It takes at least 80 days to finish a Phulkari salwar kameez
• The first mentions of Phulkari work were found in the Punjabi text on Heer and Ranjha
• The patterns of Phulkari are neither drawn nor traced
You can use this element to add a quote, content...