WEAVER'S WORLD / BHAGALPUR / PLACES TO VISIT -2
• Mandar Parvat, a 700 ft. hill, 30 miles south of Bhagalpur hill, which is supposed to have been used by the Gods and Asuras for churning up the waters to get the Amrita Manthana or nectar from below still bears the impression of the coil of the serpent that had been wound around it. There are also many other mythological facts associated with this place. It is connected by rail and road.
• Kuppa Ghat is a cave near the river bank rendered famous and immortalized by Maharshi Mehi Paramhans and whose ashram is located there. It is a place of pilgrimage for thousands of Santmat followers. Even today many yogis practice surat shabd yoga or Yoga of Inner Sound for several months at a stretch in the cave for insulation from the din and bustle of everyday life.
• The Maharshi Mehi Ashram is an aesthetically laid-out garden with sculptures, paintings and spiritual quotes with scenes from the Ramayana shown in some paintings.
• Ajgaivinath Temple dedicated to Lord Shiva in Sultangunj is a very ancient temple that people visit in large numbers. So too is the Budhnath temple located on the banks of the Uttarvahini Ganga, 20 minutes from the town. Here the self incarnated Linga of Lord Shiva and the idol of Ma Bhavani can be seen.
• You have the Shri Champapur Digamber Jain Temple, the ancient and historic Teerth Kshetra of the Jains that has magnificent columns, spores and altars. Part of it was destroyed in an earthquake in 1934..
You can use this element to add a quote, content...