Unnati’s 2014 and promise of better tidings in 2015
A very Happy New Year to All!
Unnati Silks, has completed one more calendar year of its existence in the world of textiles. Started in 1980, with a vision to popularize traditional handloom sarees, Unnati has taken small steps and giant leaps to reach where it is today. Cherished milestones along the way reflect the steady progress that it has made in a goal-oriented advancement of highlighting the skills and craftsmanship of ethnic Indian weavers, who deserve their place in the sun but have still not been fully recognized for their valuable contribution to India’s heritage.
2014 has been an eventful and tumultuous period for India and the world. For Unnati, by God’s grace it has been a good period of achievements.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width="1/4"][vc_gallery type="image_grid" interval="3" images="7115,7111,7116,7119,7110" onclick="link_image" custom_links_target="_self"][/vc_column][vc_column width="1/2"][vc_column_text]
Unnati progress in 2014
1.There have been a few additions to the existing ranges on the Unnati online website,
- saree varieties - that include Paithani, Warli, Kollam, Neons, Stylish Checks, Modern Art abstract designer
- salwar kameez varieties - that include Uppada, Gadwal, Mangalagiri, Kalamkari, with a lot of fusion element
2. Two new lines of apparel for women have been introduced based on trends and market demand. They are stitched and unstitched apparel in the form of Indian tunics (kurtis & kurtas) as well as the Indo Western range that includes the Indian saree blouse, the dupatta as a separate piece, waistcoats, jackets and women’s shirts, and the attractive Indian long skirt or maxi skirt.
- Kurtis and kurtas with stylish necks like round, V, Square neck, Mandarin collar, Shirt collar, Overlap, designer fronts with exquisite embroidery, colourful borders, traditional block prints like Bagru and Dabu, and other endearing options, are a much-desired, well appreciated range.
- The Indo Western line of apparel includes Kalamkari and Pochampally Ikat designer blouse in traditional handloom cotton weaves, attractive Ikat design shirts, an exclusive section for stylish waistcoats and jackets. You also have a beautiful line-up of long skirts in fashionable designs on traditional handloom cottons in attractive colours. New-look dupattas in cotton fabrics of Mangalagiri, Sambalpuri ikat, Pochampally ikat and the alluring Tussar silk fabrics are an exotic collection that has gained popularity in the market.
3.From a modest list of online customers in 30 countries, the customer reach overseas has more than doubled that figure to currently stand at 65 countries plus. Not to mention a tremendous increase in the inland interest several times over.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width="1/4"][vc_gallery type="image_grid" interval="3" images="7120,7114,7118,7117,7121" onclick="link_image" custom_links_target="_self"][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width="1/1"][vc_column_text]
New projects for Unnati in 2015
Brimming with confidence from the feelers and feedback regarding new ventures that Unnati intends to bring to loyalists and new entrants to Unnati online in 2015, we are proud to announce the following:
a) Unnati Silks shall be foraying into a totally new area in the world of fabrics, i.e. furnishings of a novel and innovative kind that promises interest and desirability. Made from traditional handlooms with designs and colour combinations of Indian ethnic varieties, there is an eager anticipation for them to arrive soon.
b) But even more exciting and much awaited since long is our ‘online customization facility’, initially for saree blouses and salwar kameez, where you would from the options available, be able to customize your online buys the way you want them. Choose a saree blouse or salwar kameez, express the desirable neck, the appearance of your back look and some other options and get it stitched as per your measurements, for that ‘right fit’, before it is delivered to your doorstep.
c) We could based on the interest generated extend it to our other lines as well.
There is nothing better than right feedback and in ample measure, to put us on the track to produce even more creative and inspiring handloom woven apparel. Luckily encouraging and timely comments in our reviews section from buyers of Unnati products, both domestic and international, have steered us unfailingly in the correct direction and we hope to continue receiving such pointers that we may keep serving those who approach us with what they desire most – products of quality, trendy and traditional, exceptional and extraordinary, at the most attractive prices, and delivered as promised.