If there is something popular in fashionable clothing to beat the heat and stay cool, it is the flowing and loosely worn Palazzo Pants. Palazzo pants or Palazzo trousers as termed by the British, are long women’s trousers cut with a loose and extremely wide leg that flares out from the waist. Generally stitched in stylish and breathable fabrics like silk crepe/crape/jersey (made of wool, cotton and synthetic fibres), Palazzo pants are very comfortable and widely used by women in hot weather, for comfort and class. Woolen or heavy synthetic versions are sometimes spotted in winter weather. Of late other fabrics have given encouraging results as well.
Palazzo trousers are popular as a summer season style, as they are loose and tend to be flattering in light, flowing fabrics that are breathable in hot weather. They’re airy, fluid, comfortable as pajamas and very feminine. You can move around in them, bend and squat and, unlike a skirt, you don’t have to worry about exposing.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width="1/3"][vc_single_image image="12992" img_size="medium"][/vc_column][vc_column width="1/3"][vc_column_text]
A brief Background
Palazzo Pants had been very much popular towards the end of the 1960s and early 70s since they hinted at the wide-legged cuffed trousers that were a rage in the 1930s and 40s, as actresses of the time such as Katherine Hepburn, Marlene Dietrich and Greta Garbo had sported them. In the 1960s, some restaurants resisted the prevailing trends and refused to allow women in pants or trousers to enter. Not liking this, the Palazzo Pants or trousers that technically were different from pants or trousers, were worn as evening wear.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width="1/3"][vc_single_image image="12990" img_size="medium"][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]
Differentiating the Palazzo Pants
Palazzo pants should not be confused with the similar seeming bell-bottoms. Palazzo Pants flare out evenly from waist to ankle and then later a little more outwards at the end. Bell Bottoms are snug throughout from waist to knee and then only do they flare out. Gaucho pants start similarly and continue till they end at mid calf height. Harem Pants are also loosely fitted but have a snug cuff at the ankles.
Ideas for looking great in the Palazzo Pants
The Palazzo may seem too have flow and showing much, to some, yet women all over the world see it as flattering and feminine that affords a lot of comfort anywhere, anytime. There are ways of carrying it that despite having reservations on how it would seem, the outcome would just stop short of devastating.
- Printed Palazzo Pants are just right for the reserved ones, since they camouflage well and the prints distract unwanted gaze. The accompanying top that one wears is quite important given that they together set-off a look. The top cropped or less than full length, to just about meet close to the pants flatters with curvy hips and a just visible waist that gives a balanced look.
- Bigger bottoms with shorter tops, shows the wearer very well. Add flats, a tote (A large handbag or shopping bag, usually with double handles and an open top), a braided leather bracelet and silver colored earrings to sport a stylishly svelte appearance.
- Short waisted and large chested women who cannot have cropped tops, the solution is to wear longer tops. The long and very slim would look good even in shapeless tops or tunics and palazzo pants. But for the short-waisted and large-chested, a long knitted top serves to show off a thin and just right figure.
- Wider pants create shorter looking legs and so to add some height, soft sandals, a designer purse, a summer wrap and attractive earrings steal the show.
- A shapely figure has nothing to worry about except wearing right for accentuated effect. A shaped top over printed palazzo pants would be a sure-fire idea to look snazzy. The legs of the pants need not be big or wide. In fact closer to the legs without much billowing fabric would be just fine. Even a petite figure can show off with a slimmer leg to not look shorter than she actually is. Accessories that would flatter could be sandals, a nice deep colored bag, a shiny necklace to fill in the neckline and that would be it.
- Those with a straighter figure, with narrow hips and a straighter waist, can choose a more relaxed shirt to wear with these types of pants.
- Those with a slight belly, should wear flat front palazzo pants or styles that do not bunch too much around the waist. A sleeveless button down shirt as top can flatter and hide the bumps and lumps.
A new flavor of the Palazzo Pants in handlooms at Unnati Silks
Experimenting with handloom cotton, with revolutionary ideas and imaginative prints of Dabu and Bagru, and silky creations in Chanderi, a new line of Palazzo Pants in handlooms has been created. Exotic designs and innovative patterns with international appeal has made creativity touch new heights. Printed Palazzo pants have been available since long, it is a foray into handloom cottons with Indian ethnic processes that has generated new interest. You can find floral arrays, geometrical shapes, zigzag patterns, diamond shaped color myriads and a lot more to capture your attention. Bottom flares range from small to the wide to accommodate comfortably and look attractive for most womanly Vegetable dyes that are skin friendly and durable, in colors vibrant and varied have been judiciously combined to present appealing outcomes.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_gallery type="image_grid" images="13011,13010,13009,13008,13007,13006" img_size="medium"][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]
Palazzo Pants are the current rage and summer has already arrived. Lovely designer handloom Palazzo Pants are the right choice to look stylish and stay comfortable throughout. Make a choice, lead the way and be the life and soul of the season.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_btn title="Shop Online" shape="round" color="green" link="url:http%3A%2F%2Fwww.unnatisilks.com%2Funnati-nazaqat-exclusives-designer-collection%2Findian-designer-palazzos-pants.html||target:%20_blank"][/vc_column][/vc_row]