Tea-time and you need a piping hot snack as well as some hot liquid to wash it down. Better still if it’s pouring outdoors and you are confined within the walls of your house. Snack in hand you can take in the scene outside or hit the couch and comfortably enjoy. Either way it is what is in hand that matters!
What You Would Need:
For the Main Stuffing :
- Unsalted butter (melted) 2·3 Tbsp
- Mushroom (chopped) - 1 cup
- Garlic (chopped)- 1 tsp
- Onion (chopped)-1 Tbsp
- Chilli flakes - 1 tsp
- Cheddar cheese (shredded) – ¼ cup
- Parsley (chopped)- 1 tsp
- Tofu - 2 blocks
For the Sauce :
- Garlic (chopped) -1 tsp
- Onion (chopped) - 1 Tbsp
- Chilli flakes 1 tsp-
- Cheddar cheese (shredded) - 1 tsp
- Parsley (chopped) - 1 tsp
- Celery - 1 tsp
- Olive oil - 2·3 Tbsp
- Salt to taste
How to go about it:
1. Saute the chopped garlic and onions in olive oil.
2. Add chopped mushroom, salt, pepper and chilli flakes. Once the mushroom
is cooked, add cheddar cheese and parsley. Set aside.
3. Slit the tofu blocks, leaving half an inch at the end.
4. Stuff the mixture in the slit and refrigerate.
S. Blanch and peel the tomatoes. Coarsely chop them.
6. Saute the onion, garlic and celery in olive oil. Add the tomatoes, cook until
tender. Top with cheddar and parsley.
7. Grill the tofu steak on a sandwich grill until done.
8. Serve hot with the tomato sauce. Garnish with coriander.
I believe the next time you are keeping indoors, you may immediately jump at having this!!