September 17, 2014
A Guide to Pea-Pumpkin Soup
If you are wanting to move on to continental starters, here is something for a start!
You may like to taste the Peas and Pumpkin Soup. Known to be rich in Beta Carotene, if had hot, not only would it tickle the taste buds but would also pep you up. Simple but stimulating it definitely adds zip into your life especially when you need some warmth.
Let's see the Stuff needed:
- Frozen green peas – 1 cup
- Red Pumpkin peeled and sliced – 100 gms
- Butter – 2 tbsp
- Vegetable stock – 2 ½ cups
- Black pepper (well powdered) – to taste
- Salt – to taste
- Nutmeg powder – just a pinch
- Milk - ¼ cup
- Red capsicum – small one (roasted and in puree form)
- Parsley – 1 sprig
How it’s done
It is a very simple and easiest process of making Pea-Pumpkin Soup.
- Heat half the butter (1tbsp) in a non-stick pan. Add the green peas.
- Add the vegetable stock too and cook.
- Next put salt and black pepper. Cook for 2 minutes till the peas are done.
- Take the peas in a mixer jar, add the milk and puree and blend well. Put this into the pan
- Rinse the mixer jar with ¼ cup stock and add to pan.
- Let it come to a boil then pour the soup into a soup tureen.
- Take another pan, put 1 tbsp of butter, put in the pumpkin slices and saute gently.
- Now add salt and black pepper and mix well
- Add nutmeg powder and 1 cup of vegetable stock to the pumpkin cover it and cook till it gets soft.
- Now puree it with ¼ cup stock.
- Simultaneously pour both soups into a soup bowl from opposite sides.
- Place the red capsicum puree in the centre.
- Garnish with parsley and serve hot.
Settle down to have upto four servings.
Caution – Had hot it warms. Had cold ............
Courtesy : sanjeevkapoor.com