Article: Eating Color for Health
Eating Color for Health
They contain very little fat, are mostly low in calories, contain easily absorbed natural sugar, provide complex nutritive substances and have plenty of fiber. These are available through a healthy mix of colored fruits and vegetab
les indicative of the variety of benefits through them.
Let us see what the color wheel has in store for us.
Red – raspberries, tomatoes, guava, watermelon, red cabbage, kidney beans, cherries, strawberries, beetroot.
- Advantage – rich antioxidants like lycopene and anthocyanin’s are available which help in the production of vitamin A.
- Advantage – rich in beta-carotene which converts to vitamin A required for good night vision. Keep skin, bones, teeth healthy.
- Advantage – good for eyes, bones, teeth. Vitamin K content helps in proper blood clotting. Also vitamins C & E lower risk of chronic diseases. There are substances available that prevent permanent vision loss during eye afflictions.
- Advantage – the natural pigments have powerful anti-oxidant properties to reduce risk of cardio-vascular diseases. Also contains compounds that can destroy cancer cells as well as help fight cancers of esophagus and colon.
- Advantage – High in dietary fiber to prevent build-up of high levels of cholesterol. Has beneficial effect in reducing incidence of stroke.