While they don't have to be oozing in sweetness, teen girls generally appreciate something that can make them smile.
Fashion is for every female but generally designers concentrate on what the youngish lot beyond the 20s and the middle aged want since they offer the cream of the custom. But more important are the young women, the girl teenagers who are as exclusive we feel for their sense of willing to try out anything new, moving beyond tradition and discovering for themselves what really suits their personality.
Here’s to the teenagers a list of the try-me-do suggestions.
- Maxi Dresses
Maxi Dresses are still very much in fashion and since they drape the female form so perfectly, elegantly and chic they can never be given a miss. And who better than teenagers for sporting the maxi for making them look ‘very feminine’. They look cool and comfortable on young girls that they constitute as good party and office wear. In fine cotton there are plenty of designer varieties available that with a few additional accessories the wearer could feel on top of the world. Light colored, floral and flowing. Mind you the maxi has been seen at major international and national award functions, fashion shows.
And the tips to look gorgeous in a maxi?
- Wear a casual dress piece during day time
- Add Some Unexpected & Attractive Accessories
- Choose the Proper Length so that you can ‘show off’ Your Shoes
- And try pairing it with pants, or a denim vest
- If it is a Fancy Event pair it with heels.
And what are the types of Maxis available for the casual and formal occasions?
Shirt maxi dress
Embroidered Maxi dress
Print Maxi Dress
Cold Shoulder Maxi Dress
Layer Maxi Dress
V-neck Maxi Dress
The crop top is a woman's casual sleeveless or short-sleeved garment for the upper body, cut short so that it reveals portion of the stomach. And it is very much in the vogue.
There are ideas on how to wear the crop top.
- A tight, long-sleeve crop top is a good contrast to the flowing skirt because circle skirts often show a bit of skin. This style also looks great with a shirt with a higher neckline because of the contrast in lengths.
- Bandage skirts are gorgeous and great-looking, and they’re all the more amazing when worn with a crop top. Because both items are on the tighter side, it’s best to only show a sliver of your midriff so you’re not overexposed.
- The shin-length midi skirts may seem conservative, but matching one with a fun crop top makes the look modern and young.
- Add some contemporary edge to a typical work outfit by wearing a crop top with your blazer. When you wear a crop top with high-waisted, tailored pants, you’ll be the most fashion-forward person in the office. This look is best in a more laid-back office, but it can also be worn to a nicer dinner with your parents.
- A fun, patterned maxi skirt, paired with a solid-colored crop top, it’s an easy look to
dress up or down. Adding statement jewelry to this look will instantly dress it up.
- Adding a statement necklace to a crop top makes the look stylish and effortless. A statement necklace instantly glamorizes up a look; it’s an easy way to take a crop top from day to night.
- When you pair high-waisted shorts with a crop top, you’ll be both music-festival- and beach-ready.
- A crisp, white, boxy crop top paired with pastel shorts and white brogues is an effortless way to add a prep-school twist to a crop top.
- Flash some skin with a pair of overall shorts. Wearing a simple T-shirt crop top under overalls adds a feminine edge to the look. The overalls don’t necessarily have to be the traditional denim ones—you could try ones in a lot of different materials and patterns
- Palazzo pants are comfortable, flowy and versatile, and they’re complemented amazingly by a crop top.
- Wearing a neutral crop top under your favorite big flannel shirt will give your look a totally chill vibe.
- Throw a loose, cropped tank over a bodycon dress. The contrast between the loose top and the tight dress underneath can have a super slimming effect. This look is also great for those who want to wear a bodycon dress but feel uncomfortable in something so tight.
- A patterned pencil skirt that hits at the knees and above the belly button can be a super chic look when paired with a crop top.
- A crop top and a skirt in a matching pattern is a cute look for spring.
- Adding a denim vest over a bustier top or tank crop top is an easy way to jazz up your outfit.
- A sheer top and a crop top can be daring choices on their own, but when put together, they create a more conservative and tasteful look.
- When done right, crop tops can even be formal attire! A gorgeous metallic top or an elegant black top can be sophisticated enough for a nice date or formal event. When you accessorize with the right jewelry, you’ll be ready for a night out.
- Fit & Flare Dresses
Fit-and-flare is exactly what it sounds like. The top bodice is fitted, and the skirt bottom flares out. This is quite similar to the A-line dress. These two terms are sometimes used interchangeably.
An A-line skirt is a skirt that is fitted at the hips and gradually widens towards the hem, giving the impression of the shape of a capital letter A. The term is also used to describe dresses and coats with a similar shape.
The fit-and-flare shape is a universally complimentary style for most body types because it creates an ideal shape with a narrowed waist, and proportionately shaped hips.
- Cold Shoulder Tops
Cold shoulder tops (also called open or split shoulder tops) are less dramatic and easier to wear than an off the shoulder top. Think of a t-shirt or a blouse that has peek-a-boo cut outs at your shoulders and upper arms. Women like the cold shoulder style because it gives decent coverage, but you also get that sexy touch of skin which adds some allure.
Cold shoulder tops are very feminine, especially when they have big billowy sleeves. The bonus is they keep you cool and comfy when it is hot out. You can wear them with just about anything. When the top is a little loose and flowing and worn over jeans it would be a hit.
The Statement Sleeve
Statement sleeves are a must-have trend right now. Many of these sleeves are a blast from the past with a modern twist.
You can go for an off-shoulder top or dress with balloon sleeves. Pair a balloon-sleeved shirt with cigarette pants, for a stylish work look.
Pick a dress with exaggerated bell sleeves to make a bold style statement. You can also opt for smaller bell sleeves and pair it a printed skirt for a casual, fun outing with friends.
Sleeves with ruffles
Go for classic white top with ruffled sleeves and pants. Like Sonam Kapoor, go for a pair of big hoop earrings for a retro look.
If you think that exaggerated bell sleeves are not for you, then go for flounce sleeves. Pair your flounce-sleeved top with a pair of denim shorts and you are good to go. You can also pair it with a skirt with ruffles, just like Athiya Shetty for a dramatic look.
You can wear your white puff-sleeved blouse with a skirt or a trouser for the perfect work look. If you are going for a casual outing, pair it with a midi skirt. You can also opt for an off-shoulder top with puffed sleeves.
6. Long Skirts
Long skirts with tops, is a combination you need to watch out for! There are so many interesting tops to wear with skirts you’ll probably never run out of options.
Crop Tops and Maxi Skirt
Long skirts come in all shapes, sizes, colours and prints. The golden rule is ‘less is more’. Always opt for a solid round neck or tops to wear with long skirts which are floral or patterned. This allows your maxi to stand out. Add a statement necklace or an embellished sling bag. If you’re planning on wearing a basic solid skirt, choose a graphic tee or a net top with long skirt, whatever suits your personality type. Currently, long chiffon voluminous maxis are considered the fashionable ones.
Black Top with Long Skirts
When you’re wearing a long skirt to go out at night, opt for black top with long skirts. Metallic and sequence long skirts always fit in with the nightlife dress code! Of all the long skirt and top combinations, a black fitted crop top paired with a metallic skirt always looks stellar. Team your favourite black maxi skirt with a black crop top, wear a big pair of hoops and tie your hair up – you’ll have all eyes on you. Plus, isn’t all black the most slimming outfit ever?
White Tops for Long Skirts
White tops look the best when you’re going out during the day. Paired with stylish long skirts – floral, printed, stripe, whatever you like. If you’re wearing a solid pastel maxi skirt, pair it up with an off shoulder white tee or a minimal graphic tee. White crop top or a boxy plain white tee go better with the floral or printed skirt. The bottom line is if you can’t decide your favourite long skirt outfit, the classic combination of a white top with a black skirt, or vice versa is always a sure hit.
The Long Skirt and Shirt look
The casual white shirt will always look great with any long skirt, be it plain, printed or stripped – the ultimate go-to for long skirt tops. You can pair this with a studded necklace which will go around your shirt collar, not your neck. The basic denim shirt with long skirt looks best when paired with nudes, bright pinks and florals. For the more formal occasion, choose a shirt which is structured and well fitted, and stick to solid black, grey, white or nude maxi skirts. You can dress this up with a blazer, or wrap a cardigan around you.
The Long Skirt with Jacket look. Reach out for a layer, maybe?
One of the best winter looks is the long skirt with jacket look. If you’re opting for a bomber jacket, choose skirt styles which are flowy and girly to create a chic feminine look. You could even pair a leather jacket with your maxi skirt. Now you don’t need to start hunting for tops that go with long skirts and leather jackets, you just need to pull out a well fitted white or black top. Let your leather jacket and maxi skirt steal the show! The best part about the leather jacket and long skirts outfits? You can pair almost any colour maxi with a black, grey or tan leather jacket. And, you can rock a green, blue or metallic leather jacket with a basic solid maxi skirt – now you don’t need to stress about the top for long skirt. Lastly, the ever versatile denim jacket, paired with a maxi skirt and top – evergreen combination. For us, the denim jacket paired with a striped maxi is an all time favourite.
Blouses for Long Skirts
Pairing a blouse with a long skirt is a great look. Choose a blouse which is well-fitted, simple and not over the top. Mandarin collar blouses and tie up blouses with bows always look good with a maxi. You could opt for a long skirt made out of raw silk or a similar material so it gives a very structured look. And when in doubt, choose black or white blouses for long skirts that are bright solid colours.
Skinny Ripped jeans are one of the trendiest pairs of jeans for women. This trend is best to show off some skin as it accentuates your body. Pair it up with a loose girl's top and pumps to balance it out. Cropped rip jeans are the best pick to enhance the casual feel which is a bit shorter than ankle length jeans.
Other options with the ripped jeans that you could try out:
- A turtleneck and a blazer to match
- Statement tops and ripped jeans are a foolproof combination
- Make a denim-on-denim look your go-to combo
- Let a pair of fishnets peek through the holes of your ripped jeans for a cool, edgy look.
- Try out a crop top with high-waist jeans.
- Pair your ripped jeans with a comfy sweater and chunky scarf, or a plain silk tank or a cool leather jacket and get swanky.
The Shrug & the Bolero
Young girls could try out the shrug, a cropped, cardigan-like garment with short or long sleeves cut in one with the body, typically knitted. Generally, a shrug covers less of the body than a vest would, but it is more tailored than a shawl. Shrugs are typically worn as the outermost layer of an outfit, with a full shirt, tank top, or dress beneath.
A bolero jacket or bolero is a more formal garment of similar construction but made of stiffer fabric, essentially a short tailored jacket, inspired by the matador's chaquetilla. Like the shrug, the sides of the bolero only meet at one point.
Unless you really hate yourself, never punish your tender feet. Wear footwear that make you feel comfy even after a grueling day. Then you know that your feet are safe. Since you are going to try other things new, why not check out the advantage of different kinds of “Flats”.
- Black flats can be just as sexy, sharp, and versatile as classic black pumps. Even a black sneaker can feel sleek and sophisticated when it has a pointed toe and a glossy finish.
- A little bit of animal print can go a long way, whether it's accompanied by a stiletto heel or not. Stick to natural-looking color combinations and rich textures for a more expensive look.
- Bold colors look especially rich in suede, even if it's a faux suede. The texture of the material adds a dimension to the colors in a way that's not always present with matte leather (especially faux matte leather which often makes colors look flat and slightly dingy).
- A good tall boot should never be baggy around the ankle. Slouchiness is better saved for shorter boots. Instead, it should taper in just above the ankle joint and then follow the natural line of your leg. Unfortunately, less-expensive tall boots often come with a lot of extra room around the ankle to accommodate for a more diverse range of sizes and body types, but a cobbler can sometimes taper them for you to create a more expensive and flattering look.
- Metallic shoes are the ultimate in day-to-night footwear and in their flat form, you will actually be able to wear them all day and night.
- If you are worried that a flat shoe in a bold print will draw too much attention to your feet and make them look bigger than they are, balance your look with other fun, colorful clothes and accessories higher up. That will keep the eye moving all over your outfit — from shoes, to bag, to shirt, to sunglasses, and so on.
- A good minimalist sandal should be as low-profile as possible, the color blending seamlessly with your outfit or even matching your skin tone so as not to steal focus from the rest of your look.
- Booties are most flattering when they end right around the narrowest spot on your leg — somewhere between your anklebone and the bottom of your calf.
- Clean shoes, free of scuffs and stains, always look nice, but that's especially true if your shoes match your skin tone and even more true with flats. The illusion with nude shoes is sort of like you are not wearing any shoes at all, so when they are dirty and messed up, it just looks like you are walking around with grimy feet.
The handbag / slingbag
The sling bag can be carried by hand or carried on the shoulder, but the handbag is only carried by hand, under normal circumstances. The sling has longer straps while the strap of handbag is short. Sometimes, the handbag’s strap cannot be adjustable.
The main material of sling bag is usually made from canvas , PU leather, cotton and linen, chemical fiber, nylon, PVC, leather, genuine leather, artificial leather, plush fabric etc. Hand bag, is usually suitable for women most of time. When choosing a hangbag, women should choose the size according to their body shape. Be petite and never carry a handbag that is larger your body shape. Better select a small or medium size. For those who are taller, never try to opt for smaller bags, a larger or oversized handbag is the best choice.