I have always been partial to Rajma the red kidney beans which is prepared as a gravy.
Some prefer to mix it and then serve.
[gallery type="slideshow" link="none" ids="6434,6438,6436,6433"]
What you would need:
- ¾ cup of Rajma (red kidney beans)
- 1 ½ cups of Chawal or steamed rice
- Spices – A little bit of cumin seeds or jeera,
- A small bit of dalchini(cinamon bark)
- ½ cup of chopped onions
- 1 tbsp of sliced ginger pieces or 3/4 tbsp ginger powder
- 1 or 2 green chillies finely chopped
- ¼ tbsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp Dhania or coriander powder
- ½ tbsp black salt
- 1 tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
- You could include 1 tbsp amchur or dried mango powder if you have it
Making the Rajma:
- Have the rajma soaked overnight to soften it.
- Take a little oil (1 to 2 tbsp) in a pan.
- Add the cumin seeds and cinamon and heat till they crackle.
- Add onions and continue heating for a few minutes till the onions get light pink.
- Add the green chillies and ginger and continue to saute the lot for two or three minutes
- Take the soaked rajma with three cups of water, turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt.
- Pressure cook them till four to five whistles.
- Let the pressure release and then add to the cooked rajma, black salt and amchur and mix well.
- Simmer this mixture and then add the rajma and further let it simmer cook till an aroma fills the place.
- Remove from stove. Eat piping hot or slightly cooled Rajma with already cooked rice and have your fill.
Some like to mix even the rice, simmer a little and then eat the hot mix of Rajma Chawal.
Whatever mode you prefer, end result is a very delicious satisfying fill.
Courtesy – www.tarladalal.com
[/vc_column_text][vc_teaser_grid grid_columns_count="4" grid_content="teaser" grid_layout="title_thumbnail_text" grid_link="link_post" grid_link_target="_blank" grid_template="carousel" grid_layout_mode="fitRows" orderby="rand" order="DESC" title="You Want more recipes???? Here they are!!!" grid_posttypes="post" grid_teasers_count="5" grid_categories="What's Cooking" el_class="related-post-title"][/vc_column][/vc_row]