November 25, 2016
Making Palak Namakpara at home
[vc_row][vc_column][vc_gallery interval="3" images="14410,14411,14412" img_size="1280*720"][vc_column_text]
What special sweet or snack can be prepared that would make people love you for your culinary abilities and a taste that would linger for long?
The famous chef or cooking expert whatever you may call him, Sanjeev kapoor has this special thing lined up just for those who love to munch.
It is Palak Namakpara, both tasty and nutritive that can be tried at home.
What you will need:
- Spinach puree – ¼ cup
- Spinach leaves (palak) shredded – 10 to 12
- Refined flour (maida) – 1 cup
- Oil for greasing
- Baking powder – ½ teaspoon
- Pure ghee – 3 tbsp
- Salt – ¾ tsp
- Carom seeds (Ajwain) crushed – ½ tsp
Making the Palak Namakpara
- Take a bowl. Mix the refined flour and baking powder in it.
- Add ghee to it and rub in with fingertips till the mixture resembles bread crumbs.
- Add salt, crushed carom seeds, spinach puree, shredded spinach leaves to it and mix well.
- Ad ¼ th cup chilled water to it and knead into stiff dough.
- Cover this and set aside for about 15 minutes.
- Grease a baking tray with a little oil and dust with some maida flour. Preheat the oven to 1800 .
- Sprinkle some flour and roll out the dough into a half centimeter thick round.
- Cut this rolled out dough into diamond shaped pieces.
- Place them on the baking tray in the pre-heated oven and bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool.
- Eat some to enjoy the taste. Store in airtight container to eat whenever you feel like.