Making the Eggless Brownie Cake
Something soft, brown and chocolaty and you have people taking interest, either to consume what is before them or making it to enjoy its taste later. One such recipe is that of the chocolate brownie or the soft melt-in-the-mouth type cakes. Made especially for special occasions when taste matters more than quantity, the brownie is bound to melt any heart. So that more people can take interest, the eggless variety has been described to follow and make easily.
Cakes can be hard, soft or extra soft with the time taken to devour being inversely proportional to the softness. So if you are planning the eggless brownie to relish thoroughly, make sure that the quantity is much more than what is described, if you have three eager souls that would be consuming.
Making the Eggless brownie
What you would need :
All purpose flour - ¾ cup
Baking powder – 1 tsp
Baking soda - ¼ tsp
Chocolate chips – 1 ½ cups
unsalted butter – 3 tsp
unsweetened apple sauce – ½ cup
sugar – ½ cup
pure vanilla extract – 1 tsp
salt – a pinch – 1/8 tsp
hot water – 2 tbsp
Making the eggless brownie
- Pre-heat the oven to about 350 degrees F or 180 degrees centigrade
- Lightly butter or better still spray the 8” x 8” baking pan with non-stick cooking spray
- Line the pan with parchment paper and again spray on it or lightly grease it for easy removal when the brownie is baked.
- Take the flour, the baking powder, the baking soda and salt in a bowl. Mix well, keep aside.
- Take the butter and chocolate chips in a separate bowl. Melt them in the microwave for about 40 seconds. Alternately you can also put the bowl in a larger pan of water, boil it and get it melted.
- If not melted properly, just whisk it into a smooth mix with a small wire whisk or something equally handy.
- Take the apple sauce and sugar in a fairly large bowl. Whisk this into a smooth mix till the sugar dissolves. Add the water and vanilla extract and again mix well.
- Now add the melted chocolate to this. Whisk it evenly till the blend is nice and smooth. Avoid the formation of air bubbles.
- Now add the dry ingredients. Make an even mix with the help of a spatula.
- Pour this mix into a pan and spread evenly all over with the spatula.
- Put it in the pre-heated oven and bake for about 30 minutes. Check whether it is done with a toothpick in the centre.
- Now take out and let it cool in the pan with parchment paper.
- After some time put it in the fridge so that it solidifies correctly.
- Later remove the pan just before serving, remove the brownie from the pan with the help of the parchment paper.
- Cut the nicely baked brownie into nine equal pieces or size of your choice.
Treat the youngest the first piece and so on. I’m sure you will be remembered for a long time for your baking effort and the admiring look in the eyes of those who will consume.
Courtesy - http://www.spiceupthecurry.com/brownie-recipe-eggless/
[/vc_column_text][vc_teaser_grid grid_columns_count="4" grid_content="teaser" grid_layout="thumbnail_title" grid_link="link_post" grid_link_target="_blank" grid_template="carousel" grid_layout_mode="fitRows" order="DESC" grid_posttypes="post" grid_teasers_count="5" grid_categories="What's Cooking" el_class="related-post-title"][/vc_column][/vc_row]