You have bought these expensive pattu silk sarees for those exclusive occasions and you would like to see them see many seasons intact and sparkling. Those party type salwar kameez made of pure silk are much more worth than their price for the fancy designs and smooth comfort.
Silk fabrics like sarees and salwar kameez which have a pride of place in Indian fabrics are meant for long use and need careful handling. Therefore Silk apparel care becomes vital for their continued use. Here are some useful tips that could come in handy if you were to encounter any of the likely situations.
• Silk fabrics wear away easily or light patchy areas (which become evident) form if rubbed and especially if wet. So if (God forbid) something were to fall on the silk fabric due to that careless person or your own negligence don’t panic! Blot it as fast as possible before it gets soaked deeply into the fabric. Even otherwise use the blotting paper to get as much of the staining material removed. But do not rub. (by the way conventional newsprint paper (not the glossy types) also has blotting paper qualities to a large extent for an emergency)
• If you are set to apply sprays or deodorants such as perfume, cologne, deodorant, or hair spray, do it before dressing to prevent color loss and staining.
• Keep a distance from household products like beverages, soups, squashes which tend to adhere to the fabric fibers and cause permanent stains if left untreated.
• Chlorine and silk don’t go together. Chlorine bleach or substances containing chlorine would permanently change colour.
• Silk should not be exposed for too long in bright light since streaks and fading are strong possibilities.
• Store garments in a dark area. Long exposure to sunlight or even strong lights can cause streaks and fading.
• The possibility of so called fast colours deceiving when washed with water is strong hence it is always advised to send costly silk fabrics for dry-cleaning.
• Perspiration is one of the biggest enemies of silk for causing yellowing. So when worn silk apparel is removed it should be cleaned as soon as possible to avoid irreversible staining, discoloration, or colour changes.
• There is a long list of substances that could cause discoloration and should not come close to silks. Some are mentioned as reference. • Hand sanitizers• Body sprays• Deodorants and other consumer and household products• Moisturizers and other skin care products• Alcohol• Perfume or cologne• Hair spray• Shampoo• Home detergents and dish liquids• Toothpaste• Facial cleansers• Products containing chlorine• Mouthwash and other astringents
Silk fabrics and more so the costlier varieties shall always give that exclusiveness. All that they ask in return is – “Please take care of us”.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_cta_button call_text="Unnati Silks specializes in Ethnic Hand Crafted and Hand Painted Silk Sarees, Salwar Suits.
You can Shop Online Now" title="Shop Now" target="_blank" color="btn-danger" href="https://www.unnatisilks.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/pure-silk-saris.html"][/vc_column][/vc_row]