EMBROIDERIES OF INDIA / PHULKARI WORK / APPEAL
- Phulkari work is a trending global wear option. With people from all around the world exhibiting enthusiasm to indulge in Indian culture, Phulkari has easily slipped into the Western countries.
- Owing to its wearability all round the year, the style rates quite high on the global wearability factor. Depending on the occasion the Phulkari can be customized for occasional or regular dressing.
- Phulkari work has spread its fabric from Odhnis to full-length suits. The time is not far when we will see it being used on curtains as an essential part of the interiors industry.
- The rural crafts industry could see Phulkari developing as a trend in designing handicrafts and ornaments as well.
- Phulkari is one of the most detailed and intricate kinds of needlework that needs proper care.
- A phulkari garment should be washed with delicate hands and should be ironed on the reverse side.
- Occasionally, getting it dry-cleaned will keep the fabric bright and lively.