What you give to Life is returned to you with Interest.
If there is one lady in Bollywood that arouses the envy of most others for her size zero figure it is Shilpa Shetty. Once model, then film producer, dancer, author, businesswoman, wife of businessman Raj Kundra, and Mother to her two children, Shilpa Shetty has maintained her figure throughout. She no doubt has been a fitness freak since long, but added to that is her cheerful outlook and active lifestyle that add sparkle to her life.
Though she has been fairly successful on the big screen, she has been popular off screen also. People know her as part owner of the Indian Premier League (IPL) team Rajasthan Royals. She is part of several fitness campaigns such as Fit India Movement, launched by the Government of India. What is endearing is the fact that despite so many highs and lows in her life, her smiling countenance and child-like glee are still intact.
Tall lady that she is, and having been a model she knows how to carry herself in the Indian saree and looks bewitching at times in some of her choices.
Let us see gorgeous Shilpa Shetty in some good saree moments.
Shilpa Shetty & her filmy career
Starting with Baazigar(1993), her small but contributing role as elder sister to Kajol, doing a love duet with Shahrukh Khan and then exiting the screen tragically, she got noticed and was nominated for two Filmfare Awards, including that for Best Supporting actress. Followed it with a dual role in a comedy thriller, Main Khilari Tu Anari(1994). She had arrived.
A few films later she did Dhadkan (2000) that put her in the big league. Indian (2001) and then Rishtey (2002) brought praise and another nomination for Best Supporting Actress. She became a darling of the critics for playing a career woman suffering from AIDS in Phir Milenge(2004). Here she got nominated for Filmfare Award for Best Actress. Dus (2005), Life in a Metro (2007) & Apne (2007) did well and boosted her no end. She was again ‘wowed’ for a brief dance in a song she did in Dostana (2008). She took a break from movies at this point.
Let us see Shilpa Shetty in sarees in her movies.
Unnati Silks – Shop online at Unnati Silks for hand painted, hand crafted & block printed sarees
What have been Shilpa Shetty’s off-screen activities?
- In 2006, she appeared on reality television as one of the judges for the dance reality show Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa.
- In early 2007, Shilpa joined the fifth season of the UK reality show Celebrity Big Brother. During her stay in the house, Shetty received much international media coverage and attention for the racism she faced by the fellow contestants and for ultimately winning the show.
- She was asked to host the second season of the reality show Bigg Boss.
- Shetty has taken on the role of judge on several Indian dance reality shows such as Zara Nachke Dikha (2010), Nach Baliye (2012–20) and Super Dancer (2016–present).
- In February 2006, Shetty lent support to a BBC World Service Trust television show designed to tackle the problem of HIV-AIDS in India. According to reports, she participated in order to show solidarity with HIV-AIDS sufferers. Speaking about the film and HIV in general, Shetty said: “Why not a film on HIV positive patients? It is a social stigma in our society. We made this film to highlight this problem … This film will bring about a social awareness about AIDS in our country. It is high time we talked about this in our society”.
- In March 2006, various sources reported Shetty’s joining PETA as part of an advertising campaign against the use of wild animals in circuses. According to a PETA India press release, Shetty is a long-time PETA supporter and has assisted the campaign by posing for photographs in a figure-hugging tiger costume. She explained that her crouching in a cage was uncomfortable during the photo shoot, but that her discomfort was insignificant compared to the pain suffered by the creatures. “These once dignified animals only leave their cages, which are barely larger than the size of their bodies, for a few minutes each day to be forced into the ring to perform tricks which make no sense and are upsetting to them. The best way to help animals suffering in circuses is to boycott the circus”.
Unnati Silks – Buy special fabrics like Pochampally, Sambalpuri Tie & dye, Kanchipuram silk & cotton sarees at Unnati Silks online.
Passion out of desire consumes. Nurtured passion creates and sustains.
Unnati Silks, is a force in handlooms; a strength it has derived and developed through conscientious effort and perseverance. What started as a dream in 1980 has been shaped into a vision of purpose in four decades. Unnati strongly believes that Indian handloom textiles are second to none, are the nation’s pride and a heritage to treasure. It therefore concentrates its effort in furthering its cause through experimentation and creativity through a deep-rooted association with weavers across the country.
As a trusted name in handlooms, it stands true to a strong commitment to its customers to provide fabrics of quality that are interesting and reasonably priced at all times. And as a member of society it participates in issue-based programmes that have a direct bearing on the health and well-being of its different stakeholders.
Shilpa’s early Life
Shilpa was born in Mangalore, Karnataka to Tulu speaking Bunts, Surendra Shetty & Sunanda Shetty, both industrialists in the pharmaceutical industry. She studied in St.Anthony’s Girls High school, Chembur, graduated from Poddar College, Matunga, Mumbai, and is a trained bharatanatyam dancer.
In 1991, after completing her tenth grade examinations, Shetty began her career as a model with a Limca television commercial, and subsequently featured in several other commercials and advertisements, following which she began receiving offers for film roles. Shetty continued to pursue her career as a model, until she became an actress.
Shilpa Shetty – in the media
Shilpa has been quite in the News for various reasons.
- In February 2007, Shetty attended a reception at the House of Commons by invitation of Keith Vaz MP to meet with then Prime Minister Tony Blair.
- She was also invited to meet Queen Elizabeth II at Marlborough House in London in March 2007.
- During an interview on This Morning, Shetty confirmed that she had been asked to act in the British EastEnders soap opera, and turned it down as it would mean all her other arrangements would have to go on hold.
- She was the subject of a Sky One documentary entitled The Real Shilpa Shetty, which was produced by British television production company Twofour.
- In early September 2007, she modelled at the Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week.
- Next on her agenda is a cookery book titled Soul Curry and the role of Sita in Uru Patel’s international venture Hanuman.
- In early May 2019 the actress, who has long been the poster girl for fitness, launched a holistic wellness app, The Shilpa Shetty app, which features yoga routines, functional training, special regimes (for women who are pregnant, struggling with menstrual cramps and so on), and daily nutrition charts for each program. “I think lifestyle modifications are the need of the hour. There’s something for everyone on the app. You can do the workouts within the comfort of your home, without any equipment,” Shilpa says.
Check out for some more saree pictures of the wonderful Shilpa Shetty.
Unnati Silks – Shop for beautiful handlooms in silk, cotton, sico, linen & other fibres at great prices at Unnati Silks online
Shilpa Shetty has travelled quite a distance since she first started in the movies in 1993. With her attitude of taking everything in her stride, she has proved herself as a woman of mettle. Involved with plenty of activities from enjoying with hubby and kids, IPL, reality shows, and other interests, her greatest asset is her devotion to exercises and keeping fit and the art of looking good in sarees and other forms of clothing. We wish her the best for all her endeavors in the future.