Generally fruits and vegetables in their natural form are the right thing to have on a daily regimen to be on the road of good health most of your lifetime.
They contain very little fat, are mostly low in calories, contain easily absorbed natural sugar, provide complex nutritive substances and have plenty of fiber. These are available through a healthy mix of colored fruits and vegetab
les indicative of the variety of benefits through them.
Let us see what the color wheel has in store for us.
Red – raspberries, tomatoes, guava, watermelon, red cabbage, kidney beans, cherries, strawberries, beetroot.
- Advantage – rich antioxidants like lycopene and anthocyanin’s are available which help in the production of vitamin A.
Orange and Yellow – orange, banana, musk melon, pumpkin etc.
- Advantage – rich in beta-carotene which converts to vitamin A required for good night vision. Keep skin, bones, teeth healthy.
Green – plenty of leafy vegetables and green fruits
- Advantage – good for eyes, bones, teeth. Vitamin K content helps in proper blood clotting. Also vitamins C & E lower risk of chronic diseases. There are substances available that prevent permanent vision loss during eye afflictions.
Blue and purple – vegetables like brinjal and fruits like blueberries
- Advantage – the natural pigments have powerful anti-oxidant properties to reduce risk of cardio-vascular diseases. Also contains compounds that can destroy cancer cells as well as help fight cancers of esophagus and colon.
White – fruits and vegetables that include apples, pears, bananas, cauliflower, cucumber
- Advantage – High in dietary fiber to prevent build-up of high levels of cholesterol. Has beneficial effect in reducing incidence of stroke.
Indulge in balanced proportions from the colour wheel daily and radiate good health as never before.